How to tie census demographic data(race, ethnicity, income, poverty, education) to 9 digit zip codes?

Thanks for the info session Niki, so my question is how to tie census demographic data(race, ethnicity, income, poverty, education) to 9 digit zip codes(for example 012345-6789), much appreciated!

This topic was automatically generated from Slack. You can find the original thread here.

Hey @Qiming_Shi ! Thanks for the great question. Apologies for the delay - had to do some research on my end for this :slightly_smiling_face:

You won’t be able to match SafeGraph data directly to the 9 digit ZIP code. The Places data includes the full address with 5-digit ZIP. However, a workaround is to enter into the address into a tool like the USPS’s zipcode search or SmartyStreets’ API to get the full 9-digit zip+4. Hope that’s helpful!

To prevent any further questions from being overlooked, I’ll go ahead and close this thread out. If you have any more questions or follow-up questions, we’re always here to help! Just be sure to make a new post to help, as we aren’t monitoring old threads at this time. Thanks!