How long does someone have to stay at a location to count as being there?

Could you help me understand (or guide me to documentation) on how long someone has to stay at a location to count as being there? How does the data represent drive through traffic at places like fast food and Walgreens?

This topic was automatically generated from Slack. You can find the original thread here.

Hey @J_Hathaway ! Thanks for the question. Drive-through traffic would be counted in Patterns. Wondering if this resource might be helpful:

The link will give you a brief rundown on the mechanics behind store visit attribution. There’s also a technical whitepaper that you can download from that page for even more details!

If you just need a quick answer, a visit in Patterns has to be at least 4 minutes, but a stop in Neighborhood Patterns can be 1 minute. This is enough to capture generally drive through traffic.

Thanks for the question J.! To prevent any further questions from being overlooked, I’ll go ahead and close this thread out. If you have any more questions or follow-up questions, we’re always here to help! Just be sure to make a new post to help, as we aren’t monitoring old threads at this time. Thanks!