Does anyone have a dataset of the location distribution of each publicly traded restaurant?

Hello, does anyone have a dataset of the location distribution of each publicly traded restaurant? (I am currently conducting a research of investigating the effect of COVID-19 on publicly traded restaurants.) Thank you so much!

@Jifan_He Have you tried perhaps the WRDS data sets?

Is it in Safe Graph?

@Jifan_He No. It’s a subscription database that business school usually purchase. It would have the NAICS codes for publicly traded restaurants.

OK, I will look that first. Thanks!

@Jifan_He If you need help, I can take a look as well.

Ok, could you take a look if you have time? I will also search it and ask my school.

SafeGraph data has all restaurants (public and private) in the US

Where? In Core Places?

Do I have to buy?

@Jifan_He The two items you need are the patterns data and the core places. Then, the two need to be merged. If it would be helpful, I can send you R or STATA code to get started.

yeah. Could you send me that? (My initial thought is Panel Data model, so the time fixed effect (plm package from R) is my current focus.)

And my Professor suggests me to see the location information for these restaurants, and that’s why I am currently looking for …

@Jifan_He You need to download the Core Places data and the monthly patterns data.

Yeah, when I clicked “Preview”, and chose notepad for the main app, it turns out to this:

‹Î”ù^ core-places-us-only.csv …TQoÛ6~ï¯ ô°=ìb%‘ykÒi‘¤EÜŠ@ ¥“ET=Šjûï;YqãmɽyOßÝ}wÉÜ»kË]g+,]@²³ûX&gt;ëë|e£ó}ÙÛ-Òù ´¶¯ 4ÐíÞžŒèw%=Àz\{몡¬|=Eê(ngÓ÷›ƒ=Ä€K[ׇ)dåâô6à†hLlýmwˆâOæØÇðp¸Úµ¾Ç²·ktô;ìËÖaì‘LífH^ ›sÎEªDƒFÙu¾®ól½Ö¼ÈŒ¶ÊÞw5[º€c@¶ªZï; ¸l9ÞØvIõc+_]…Ë÷¹TJpH‹…6¼H œ )BèT‚ÑŠÝø7–ÝÕpmû€1"\¾£2eà·ü"ŒÌ¤V*•’ï,In¨É9ûü9I4å‘$@—¢8Oɼ¿ŸG<ø„õ©íx±îbeã1Æ™ö=û+¹ÒH¡UÑ®*“Ú¼nTAMHEu->’>[öú+ö#²6|¡ú’7ÔŽq; »rCôÁU¶c+©ÔŒÔHæÖu6°·ý0 m1)àÖÆ1Ì1†=ì}l1<†BHa8(¹Y&x
gÚ,¸Î¤ eÆ’R«w¾úÒøPÃÛkÈå0µ©ÕMÃUQ«¢²:Ï…¥ÌLj¸É«ƒ˜g\Z.Œ^Ss¹škÛ˜J6¹A©áŠäMw]g7È>¹ö»vŽ>S).ìs¸y¢ä¤_©,s¢Bå)%Z¨…”\Ë
™v™Lí#¸ý‰YΪ̄–9VÿTå¿(Ò’mÌ2ù_‚Ið%È‘…ü‘âráÿAÆþÈ= 6ç¹È1k(ëLg–ËÜòušf´Y× Ki ñç©;wHk¤
÷+¿~Ã>L«v€åØug«‚= òËLP|a”ÖRí[#2•e)H®Øg·ž‚^W“6hDàÊ~‹ÔëÛw@{Œç냖Ž¢gÓð`M£è’h{¶ô¾†ÕÖûØ:$i½’6ÀŠsé¼õ»äÕß61A

I have no idea about how to fix this … (So, would I contact the manager?)

Wait, it seems like your computer interface has different options than me. You have “Web” and “CRL”, but I only have “Contact Us” and “Preview” …

@Jifan_He - did you sign a form when you joined the community with your university information? if you did you should be good to go otherwise @Jack_Lindsay_Kraken1 may be able to assist

Thread continues HERE

Sorry guys, meant to link theses. Didn’t know 2 threads were going