Does a dwell_time count a device only once and then adds on minutes for repeat visits, or does it count each visit for the same device as a separate number?

I have a question about the dataset columns bucketed_dwell_times and median_dwell, I wanted to know if these correspond to raw_visits or to raw_visitor_counts. Does a dwell_time count a device only once and then adds on minutes for repeat visits, or does it count each visit for the same device as a separate number?

This topic was automatically generated from Slack. You can find the original thread here.

Hey ! Thanks for the great question. If you sum bucketed_dwell_times, the total should equal raw_visit_counts. It relies on number of visits, not number of unique visitors. Try summing all the values for bucketed_dwell_times for a few of the rows to check it out for yourself!

Similarly for median_dwell , this is the median of the minimum dwell times we have calculated for each of the visits to the POI. Multiple visits from the same device would be separate values.

Hey ! To prevent any further questions from being overlooked, I’ll go ahead and close this thread out. If you have any more questions or follow-up questions, we’re always here to help! Just be sure to make a new post to help, as we aren’t monitoring old threads at this time. Thanks!