Could you let me know how I could obtain the data in 2017? I also wonder whether January 2017 is the earliest data covered by Safegraph?

Hello Everyone. I have a question about the data sample period. A working paper titled “Consumer response to corporate political statements: Evidence from geolocation data”, authored by Marcus Painter, claims the sample period starts from January 2017. However, I find the data only starts from January 2018 when I download the data. Could you let me know how I could obtain the data in 2017? I also wonder whether January 2017 is the earliest data covered by Safegraph? Thank you so much.

Hello, @Tinghua_Duan_IESEG_SCHOOL_OF_MANAGEMENT, our weekly patterns dataset starts from January 2018, see this link for more information:

for any data prior to 2018, please use the regular patterns file:

let me know if you have any questions

Thank you @Pranav_Thaenraj_SafeGraph. I see. How can access to the normal data? I could only find the weekly data from the https://shop.safegraph.com/

Hey @Tinghua_Duan_IESEG_SCHOOL_OF_MANAGEMENT apologies for the delay here – you have actually discontinued providing patterns data prior to 2018. Sorry for any inconvenience!