Analysis of people traveling to vaccination sites, and derive demogrpahic characteristics using their home locations

I tried and never heard back

@Jason_Kao_Columbia_University I matched 20104 sites within 100 meters (which, based on my experience with the mass vac site near me is pretty good)

Wow that’s almost everything, that’s good

Just wrote up some code using Weekly Patterns to derive demographic characteristics for whatever list of placekey id’s we need. How could we verify raw counts/findings? Ideally there’d be some state/county out there that gives facility-level vaccination data right? not sure if that exists

one would imagine that it does… CDC certainly has it, but not sure if it’;s available anywhere

Finally got through the pipeline for a first result! But I’m using a very not-nuanced model I think. Methodology is linked here: GitHub - jsonkao/fill-vaccine-data: Attempting to reconstruct missing race/ethnicity vaccination data using SafeGraph location data

Nice!

Hi @Jason_Kao_Columbia_University. I came here with the idea of getting Safegraph data for vaccination sites and am happy to see you’re already doing it. My group has been collecting race/ethnicity and other demographic data for vaccination for each state. We are now shifting to county-level race/ethnicity data (though this is only available for about ~10 states). If you’d be interesting in a comparison, I’m happy to share those data. Looking forward to hearing of your progress!