A question about the Safegraph POIs - how are prisons and ICE detention centers designated in the POIs (if they are)? Thanks for any help

Hello Fellow Researchers! A question about the Safegraph POIs - how are prisons and ICE detention centers designated in the POIs (if they are)? Thanks for any help

@Brent_Porter_CSR_UT_Austin - these should fall under NAICS codes starting with 9221. specifically 922140 are “correctional institutions”

Thanks Ross - are those NAICS designated as POIs?

yup! here’s our “shop” that shows the ~5.6k correctional facilities we have patterns to - Shop Update

Thanks but this appears to cost money - I am a lowly researcher from a university. :slightly_smiling_face: But I guess it does mean I can find it in the vast S3 repositories correct? Also do you know if the weekly summaries have been including these POIs also?

ah I see the confusion. the shop is just a UI over the data your team is already getting via the S3 repos! just wanted to show that this is data we have and it is contained in our Patterns datasets (which you can download via S3)

Oh ok great - thanks. Sorry for misunderstanding! BTW - what a great bunch of data your company is providing! Do you know if you have plans in the future to shrink the 3 day lag to the daily patterns? We have some interesting Emergency Response applications that could definitely use that kind of data in particular if the lag was shorter